Friday 13 January 2012

Black Friday

 It's the first Black Friday in a long time. So I'm using this 'first' to get off my butt and actually start writing my first post. I've been told a lot that you never know what your blog is going to be about until you write the darn thing so I guess I have to start eventually.

 To be honest, I've never been a 'blogger'. Maintaining two Facebook pages (personal and author) is hard work enough. Then there's the books on top of that. Seems like a whole lot of words to me. But I'm determined, some day down that long and treacherous road, to be published. And not self-published either because I don't care what people say, that kind of feels like cheating to me.

 I guess, if you're reading this, you may want to know a little about me. Then again, maybe not, but I'm going to tell you anyway. Because this is my blog. So ner.

 Firstly, I'm a nerd. No, I don't wear glasses (I kind of wish I did), but I read a hell of a lot and always have. I love the classics, I love fantasy, I love dystopian and I love chick lit so I guess I'll probably try my hand at some reviews. I don't love cook books unless they have some way of cooking the food for you. In my mind, they are just a tease.

I guess second, I should probably tell you now, I will talk about my books a lot. So don't say you haven't been warned. I love my characters, I love their settings, I love to write all the time. I don't love to torture my protags and kill off my characters but I do it anyway. Because it has to be done.

If I get the opportunity to travel, I am out of here. I can't think of any exception to that statement. I have a fiancee, he works with trains. I also have a kitten Maxi (who likes to use me as a scratching post) and a Shit-zu x Maltese called Stella. She is an angel. Except when she won't stop barking at four am FOR NO FRIGGEN REASON. Same goes for any hour past midnight and before eight.

Gossip Girls episodes will also be ripped apart on here I'm sure. Unless Chuck and Blair finally get back together. Then they will be praised above all else and I will not hear a bad word about them.

I'm well aware a blog takes a LONG-arse time to get off the ground but if you are anything like me (or completely opposite), let's be friends.

Because that's the last thing you need to know about me; I'm a good friend to have.

3 comments:

  1. So, I guess this is a late comment (okay, not really a guess...), but hopefully it can be forgiven seeing as I've onlu just stumbled upon this?

    Anyways, I agree with everything in your fifth paragraph wholeheartedly. And about the whole "killing off characters" thing? I wish I had that kind of strength. But alas, I have WAAAAAAY too much trouble with that and haven't been able to do it yet.

    And from one unpublished mind to another, I can't wait to poke around your blog more!

    - May :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you read this far back? Cookies for you!

    I love getting the chance to talk to other AS-YET unpublished writers. There is so much info out there you can never get it all yourself. It helps to have others who know how lonesome it feels at times.

    As for killing off characters, I've been doing it for a reeeeally long time now. It's planned out from the start so I don't get a chance to change my mind. I just have to hold my breath and take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for commenting! It means more than you know :)